If you’ve gained weight due to stress and irregular food habits, unhealthy diet and various other reasons then, there are a few yoga poses that could help you to lose your tummy fat. And the benefit is, you can practise them anywhere.
Sometimes, we find ourselves losing hope when looking at the mirror or swiping our old photographs. But it’s never too late for a new beginning. Yoga has transformed millions of lives and we too can change ourselves just by practising a few poses every day.
Benefits of Yoga
We knew already a lot about Yoga. It is a pattern of Physical, Mental and Spiritual activities that enhances body and muscle flexibility, strengthens the core, calms the mind and aligns our consciousness with higher dimensions.
Besides these, yoga can help with chronic pain, maintain blood pressure, eradicates insomnia, and make you ready for daily activities.
This post concentrates on some yoga poses that reduce weight and burn belly fat.
Before you go into the Asanas, watch this small video.
How does yoga help in Burning Belly Fat?
At Bodhi Yoga Training Academy, we train trainers to teach Yoga. We observed a great enhancement in the physical posture of every student who practises yoga for a certain time. The enhancements include Confidence, Clarity in thought, Clear Face, Normal Blood Pressure, Decreased Obesity, Maintain a healthy weight, resolved Back problems, Balanced sugar levels in the blood and many more. . .
So, yoga can add up to lives which makes physical benefits and mental calmness. Yoga offers various Asanas for every physical disorder. And, an added benefit is every asana addresses to detoxification at some level.
Coming to our main topic, here are 9 yoga positions for burning fat and reducing belly fat.
- Ardha Navasana
This pose is also known as Lord of Dance pose. It primarily stretches chest and shoulders. Mainly, it helps in improving balance and strengthening the ankle and leg.
- Inhale deeply and shift your body weight to your right foot.
- Slowly, grab your left foot with left leg.
- Lift the left foot away from the ground and move your left thigh.
- Balance this pose for 30-40 seconds.
- Repeat the same process with the other leg.
Seems like squats, but this position requires maintaining in the position for more than 30 seconds.
- Keep the feet and thighs together
- Just lower the body as if you are squatting
- Tuck the hip slightly
- Maintain the same position for about 30 seconds
Also known as Side-Plank pose.
This asana adds pressure on abs. So, this asana directly works for burning belly fat and decrease weight.
- Touch the ground with your palm and toes together
- Raise the left palm with the body weight on your right palm.
- Maintain the same pose for about 1 minute.
- Repeat the same process with the other hand.
Also known as Half Bost Pose.
It strengthens your abdomen region, hip, the spine that directly helps in weight loss.
- Sit comfortably on the matt or floor.
- Touch the knees with both the hands and bend the knee to 90 degrees.
- Raise your legs towards the abdomen.
- Stay in the same position for about 1 minute.
This Asana is to lunge the body. A wide-legged forward-bent position is very useful to lose weight and get good flexibility.
- Exhale sharply
- Place the right leg to the centre of your hands
- Hands on the right knee and right knee on right ankle.
- Raise your hands until biceps reach your ears
- Breath out and bend your right knee even more.
- Breath in and place the front knee back, over the ankle.
- Repeat the same on the other side.
The set of 12 positions for a healthy beginning of every day. These poses add more to make the entire body flexible and thus maintaining good posture. Helps in maintaining body weight and reduce extra fat. The image below shows the positions that follow the entire Suryanamaskara.
Naukasana is defined as Boat Pose. It directly works on abs, back and knees. This will help you decrease weight and gain a healthy tummy.
- Lie down on the floor/matt with feet together and arms on the side.
- Take a deep breath, and while exhaling lift the chest and feet from the ground. Stretch the arms towards your feet.
- This position applies tension on your stomach region and abdomen muscles.
- Make sure eyes, toes and fingers all are in the same direction.
- Be in the position for a few seconds.
- Slowly exhale and bring the entire body on to the ground.
- Repeat the process for 5-6 times.
Also known as Child Pose.
This pose relaxes your entire body and stretches lower back and arms.
- First, kneel.
- Touch the ground with your head while you touch your toes with palms.
- Maintain this for about 1 minute.
This pose makes a relaxed body. After the positions are done you can take a small break into the Shavasana. This allows you to be prepared for the next position.
- Lie on the floor/matt with relaxed muscles.
- Breath for a few seconds and start over for a new asana.
With the yoga poses mentioned here, you can just begin your course. But with practising daily, you can attain a healthy weight and reduce your belly fat incredibly.
A final word, take healthy foods, and weight loss process requires a lot of determination and consistency.
A small video for beginners. Click here